Thank you so much to the http://lostincake.wordpress.com, thank you so very much and I simply love the job that you have done with your blog and HOPE I can get my blog up and running the same. I haven’t really ever expressed how much I truly love blogging and why I even blog, so here it goes. My true passion in life is to bake pastries, I couldn’t really imagine my world without it all. I spend all my days reading through all my favourite recipe books. As you all know from reading my blog my ultimate baking hero is Mary Berry, so I do a lot of reading through her recipes and also watching her masterclass shows. One of my greatest pastimes obviously would be to bake, however I truly love watching The Great British Bake Off, The Great Australian Bake off, Sweet Genius, Top Chef – Just Desserts, Save My Bakery (Kerry Vincent), Cupcakes wars, DC Cupcakes, Masterchef, Cake Boss and many many MANY more!
Recently my baking passion has really come to light and my mother has been a dramatic influence. It took a lot for me to realise that where I am in teaching right now is lovely and amazing yet all I think about is working or even owning a boutique bakery. For me working 12 long hours doing nothing but what I truly love makes more sense to me than anything in the entire world. It may be difficult to get there but really I’m too determined not to let my dreams slip away any longer.
I have been looking constantly at all the pastry schools here and in Singapore and in the UK however none have caught my eye. Then I attended an open house here in Singapore on June the 6th 2014 at Sunrice GlobalChef Academy (https://www.facebook.com/atsunrice) and I instantly fell in love. My mother came with me and honestly… I was like a kid in a candy shop! My heart was racing and my eyes were BULGING out their sockets. In that moment all my mum said to me was ‘Sam, I will do anything to get you into this school’ and from that promise onwards I have been nothing but the happiest girl alive… BUT I still need to get into their Pastry and Baking course first! I will promise to keep my blog up to date with whether or not I get accepted yet for now all I can do is hope and pray.
Until my dreams become a reality I will live through my lovely blog, so here it goes my next Liebster Award Nominations. This award really helps those blogs with 200 followers or under begin to launch themselves into our blogging world and honestly I can’t wait to be launched myself, so keep the nominations coming! Here are a few steps to take in the nominations process :
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions that were asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people who you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees to answer.
11 Lovely yet RANDOM facts about myself :
1 – Cheesy but true – My boyfriend and I met in high school and for 2 years now have been high school sweethearts
2- I love teaching children and enjoy sharing my crazy creativity with them
3- I have CRAZY OCD when it comes down to being clean, neat and tidy around my house OR workspace
4- I love love LOVE baking… and hope to open my own boutique bakery with my mother one day
5- I have lived in Singapore since the age of 11 and now am 18… you do the maths 😉
6- I have a Diploma in special needs teaching as that was my first ever job here in Singapore
7- My ultimate favourite things to eat in life are either peanut butter or ANYTHING thats salted caramel
8- I love to do a workout every day at least for 30 minutes… except friday saturday and sunday… gotta have a time off right?
9- I am TERRIBLE at anything sporty… I have terrible coordination
10- I am obsessed with owls, they are my favourite
11- My favourite celebrity is Helena Bonham Carter because she is wacky, crazy and has a little evil side.
Here are the questions I have been asked :
- What is your dream travel destination? I would love to go to the MALDIVES… before it sinks.
- Who is your life aspiration? Why? My mum of course, because she has always followed her dreams and I wish to do the same
- What are your favorite pizza toppings? Cheese and pesto is my go to topping!
- What one word in your opinion defines a “good” person? Genuine 🙂
- Cashews or almonds? ALMONDS all the way
- What makes you smile? My boyfriend, always and forever 🙂
- Favorite city in the whole world? I’m going to say Singapore, because I always feel safe.
- Dream celebrity date? Russell Brand… what a strange man!
- Favorite color and why? Purple because its PURPLE.
- What is your guilty pleasure? SHOPPING… who’s isn’t?
- If you could change one thing in your personality, what would it be? Why? I would change the fact that I don’t have much confidence in myself.
My questions for my nominees :
1- If you could go back in time to change one thing what would it be?
2 – Whats your favourite TV program?
3- Whats your favourite alcoholic drink?
4- If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
5 – Who’s your favourite Comedian?
6 – Chocolate or Peanut butter?
7 – Whats your favourite dessert?
8 – Who’s your ultimate celebrity crush?
9 – What are your weaknesses?
10 – If you could change your name what would it be?
11 – What has been your worst haircut/style?
My Nominees :
Yet again thank you so much for all the nominations lately and please keep them coming. There will be loads more baking posts coming up shortly! Happy blogging everyone 🙂