Wow, it has been a very long time since I have posted on my lovely baking blog! It’s been very busy in the world of Sam as usual however I’ve been currently off work for the Summertime for the past … Continue reading
I have only just recently started to drink tea… Being British I bet you all thought I was addicted already! I think the reason for my liking of tea now is due to work. Being a working woman in a … Continue reading
Thank you so much to the http://lostincake.wordpress.com, thank you so very much and I simply love the job that you have done with your blog and HOPE I can get my blog up and running the same. I haven’t really ever expressed how much I truly love blogging and why I even blog, so here it goes. My true passion in life is to bake pastries, I couldn’t really imagine my world without it all. I spend all my days reading through all my favourite recipe books. As you all know from reading my blog my ultimate baking hero is Mary Berry, so I do a lot of reading through her recipes and also watching her masterclass shows. One of my greatest pastimes obviously would be to bake, however I truly love watching The Great British Bake Off, The Great Australian Bake off, Sweet Genius, Top Chef – Just Desserts, Save My Bakery (Kerry Vincent), Cupcakes wars, DC Cupcakes, Masterchef, Cake Boss and many many MANY more!
Recently my baking passion has really come to light and my mother has been a dramatic influence. It took a lot for me to realise that where I am in teaching right now is lovely and amazing yet all I think about is working or even owning a boutique bakery. For me working 12 long hours doing nothing but what I truly love makes more sense to me than anything in the entire world. It may be difficult to get there but really I’m too determined not to let my dreams slip away any longer.
I have been looking constantly at all the pastry schools here and in Singapore and in the UK however none have caught my eye. Then I attended an open house here in Singapore on June the 6th 2014 at Sunrice GlobalChef Academy (https://www.facebook.com/atsunrice) and I instantly fell in love. My mother came with me and honestly… I was like a kid in a candy shop! My heart was racing and my eyes were BULGING out their sockets. In that moment all my mum said to me was ‘Sam, I will do anything to get you into this school’ and from that promise onwards I have been nothing but the happiest girl alive… BUT I still need to get into their Pastry and Baking course first! I will promise to keep my blog up to date with whether or not I get accepted yet for now all I can do is hope and pray.
Until my dreams become a reality I will live through my lovely blog, so here it goes my next Liebster Award Nominations. This award really helps those blogs with 200 followers or under begin to launch themselves into our blogging world and honestly I can’t wait to be launched myself, so keep the nominations coming! Here are a few steps to take in the nominations process :
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions that were asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 people who you think deserve the Liebster Award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees to answer.
11 Lovely yet RANDOM facts about myself :
1 – Cheesy but true – My boyfriend and I met in high school and for 2 years now have been high school sweethearts
2- I love teaching children and enjoy sharing my crazy creativity with them
3- I have CRAZY OCD when it comes down to being clean, neat and tidy around my house OR workspace
4- I love love LOVE baking… and hope to open my own boutique bakery with my mother one day
5- I have lived in Singapore since the age of 11 and now am 18… you do the maths 😉
6- I have a Diploma in special needs teaching as that was my first ever job here in Singapore
7- My ultimate favourite things to eat in life are either peanut butter or ANYTHING thats salted caramel
8- I love to do a workout every day at least for 30 minutes… except friday saturday and sunday… gotta have a time off right?
9- I am TERRIBLE at anything sporty… I have terrible coordination
10- I am obsessed with owls, they are my favourite
11- My favourite celebrity is Helena Bonham Carter because she is wacky, crazy and has a little evil side.
Here are the questions I have been asked :
- What is your dream travel destination? I would love to go to the MALDIVES… before it sinks.
- Who is your life aspiration? Why? My mum of course, because she has always followed her dreams and I wish to do the same
- What are your favorite pizza toppings? Cheese and pesto is my go to topping!
- What one word in your opinion defines a “good” person? Genuine 🙂
- Cashews or almonds? ALMONDS all the way
- What makes you smile? My boyfriend, always and forever 🙂
- Favorite city in the whole world? I’m going to say Singapore, because I always feel safe.
- Dream celebrity date? Russell Brand… what a strange man!
- Favorite color and why? Purple because its PURPLE.
- What is your guilty pleasure? SHOPPING… who’s isn’t?
- If you could change one thing in your personality, what would it be? Why? I would change the fact that I don’t have much confidence in myself.
My questions for my nominees :
1- If you could go back in time to change one thing what would it be?
2 – Whats your favourite TV program?
3- Whats your favourite alcoholic drink?
4- If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
5 – Who’s your favourite Comedian?
6 – Chocolate or Peanut butter?
7 – Whats your favourite dessert?
8 – Who’s your ultimate celebrity crush?
9 – What are your weaknesses?
10 – If you could change your name what would it be?
11 – What has been your worst haircut/style?
My Nominees :
Yet again thank you so much for all the nominations lately and please keep them coming. There will be loads more baking posts coming up shortly! Happy blogging everyone 🙂
Originally posted on The Baking Beardy:
I was kind of into ice cream toppings as a kid. One of my favourite things to do for dessert was to stick butterscotch and caramel sauce on mint chocolate chip ie cream, which…
Its my last few days of work and I thought why not really treat myself? I deserve it! I’m always baking new pastries and sweet treats for me to try and taste yet I never seem to go out and … Continue reading
On this week which happens to be my week of work! I’ve been lucky enough to receive a lovely gift from a friend knowing how badly I have been wanting to bake French macarons. The kit was bought from the … Continue reading
Hello hello hello lovely baking bloggers 🙂 Wow it’s been a while since I’ve posted… Too long for my liking! I’ve been super busy lately with work yet not being a socialite like I wish I was. However, this week … Continue reading
It was a very relaxing weekend for me and my boyfriend. One of the relaxing almost LAZY weekends, why hey we all need them right? I was so excited to go to the very first Krispy kreme in Singapore. All I can say is… It was bloody gorgeous. The first flavour that crabbed me was the one and only RED VELVET. Yes a Red Velvet DONUT, it exists! Honestly is what heaven in a box… Of course we had to buy a dozen of them it else our trip there would be a waste (still got 6 left). I also LOVED the Caramel Kreme, a donut glazed with chocolate and caramel drizzle AND a gooey caramel filling. Think I went into my little food coma after them two donuts, so yes they are highly recommended by moi!
As much as I do love Krispy Kreme donuts nothing beats a good old hot and sugary donut from the UK. I remember on a Saturday we would go down to the pier and buy a bag of lovely hot donuts fresh from the fryer… YUM. I do miss a lot f British treats, but gotta admit the Americans know how to make a damn good donut.
So anyone living in Singapore reading this… GO TO KRISPY KREMES… Now! Trust me you won’t regret it. It’s in the basement of Tangs mall on Orchard road.
Ratings… ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ nothing less than 5.
I was nominated by the wonderful blogger Paula from All about the bake! Thanks for the nomination 🙂 and here are my answers!
1. What one thing in your wardrobe could you not be without?
My hairbands, I’m obsessed! Wear one every single day.
2. What’s your best stress reliever?
Baking of course!
3. Spender or a saver?
I am a big spender, it’s a gift from the shopaholic gods.
4. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Start Baking to live on cloud nine, it will chase the worries away!
5. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
It would be to bake the perfect french macaroon!
6. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I was so scared to sit on the toilet as I truly believed snakes lived in there.
7. What’s something that amazes you?
People who get botox, aged naturally!
8. Whats your favourite colour? Why?
Purple, because it’s the bomb
9. What’s your favourite gadget?
Phone, couldn’t live a single day without it!
10. When do you find yourself singing?
Everywhere and ANYWHERE, yet mostly in the shower!
Here are the people I nominate :
And here are your questions!
1. If you could date any celebrity who would you date?
2. One item that is most important to have in your handbag?
3. One person you rely on for advice?
4. Have you ever met a celebrity?
5. If you could have any pet in the world who would it be?
6. What was the biggest life changing decision you have made?
7. Whats the first thing you do when you wake up?
8. Whats your favourite dessert?
9. Worst chat up line you’ve ever heard?
10. Are you a coffee or tea lover?
The birthday is over for the 22 year old, and I attempted to bake the best chocolatey and peanut-buttery cake this world (or just my boyfriend) has ever seen/ATE! My mother and I chose to play it a little safe … Continue reading